Fruit and vegetable sectors are characterised by a variety of issues, linked to the large number of actors involved in the sector, the diversity of fruit and vegetable species, the various production methods for the fresh market and for processing, the diversity of marketing methods and the different levels of professional and inter-professional organisation.
The SIAFIL-EXPORT forum focuses on bringing together the different actors in the fruit and vegetable sector to identify the constraints faced in the sector, to develop a common strategy and to agree on a platform for interventions.
For this edition, the SIAFIL-EXPORT forum will focus on the challenge of exporting Algerian fruit and vegetables: the objective being to draw up a report on the issue of Algerian exports in the fruit and vegetable sector. We aim to trace the strengths and weaknesses of our companies in this field, as well as to trace certain initiatives on the part of innovative companies.
The forum is open for this edition to communications related to the theme of the export of Algerian fruits and vegetables and which are especially integrated in one of the following subjects :
Topics covered in the forum
- Theme 1. Upgrading the fruit and vegetable sector and derivatives in the Maghreb
- Theme 2. Difficulties of Maghreb SMEs in the field of export. Why opt for the export consortium?
- Theme 3. Niche and local products, potentialities and offer of Algeria
- Theme 4. The European Union is the largest market in the world, how Maghreb companies could use the “Export Helpdesk” tool to optimize their exports to the EU</ li>
- Theme 5. The harsh test of international competition requires Maghreb companies not to limit themselves to the European market in their export prospecting and to consider all market opportunities< /li>
- Theme 6. About 95% of the raw materials used in the composition of beverages are imported, Algeria depends entirely on the external market for this industry, despite the fact that great potential exists for the development of fruit growing, the main source of raw materials used in the composition of drinks.
Key dates to remember
- January 31, 2022: Deadline for submission of communication proposals (abstracts)
- 05 February 2022: Response from the Scientific Committee
- February 10, 2022: Submission of full articles for publication on MAGVET (for the most interesting submissions)