On the sidelines of the SIPSA-FILAHA & < strong>Filaha Foundation in collaboration with technical institutes and professionals in the sector, organizes the International Forum for Agroecology, Horticultural Environment and Sustainable Development “AGROECO”.
AGROECO is a forum that aims to promote sustainable agriculture whose role is to produce healthy food, in sufficient quantity and respecting the natural potential of local varieties and breeds while preserving natural resources. This forum constitutes a space for dialogue which will highlight the avenues to be developed for an agriculture capable of bringing together the commitment of all in terms of production, rural, peri-urban and urban agriculture, water saving, energy renewables, marketing and certification in short circuits, transport, eco-construction, ecotourism, and which integrates in its reasoning, the fair remuneration of farmers and their workers.
The AGROECO forum will bring together actors involved in agroecology, organic and local agriculture, agritourism and the enhancement of the environment and natural spaces in urban and peri-urban areas (municipalities, institutions , managers of public gardens, nurserymen, horticulturists, etc. to interact together and anticipate the prospects, innovations and transformations necessary to ensure sustainable food security.
As such, a call for scientific and technical-commercial papers is launched for professionals and researchers in this sector, for the presentation of the state of play, the prospects and the challenges to be met for efficient agriculture and respectful of the environment. The organizers of the forum will seek to favor contributions that fall within one of the following 6 areas, while leaving the possibility for everyone to formulate a communication proposal in the desired field.
Topics covered in the forum
- Topic 1. Agroecology and seeds
- Theme 2. Agroforestry in a desert environment, ingenuity of Algerian oasis systems and reproduction of these systems for efficient agriculture under trees
- Topic 3. Saving water and energy, fundamental prerequisites for sustainable agriculture
- Theme 4. PPAM (Perfume, aromatic and medicinal plants), prospects for the development of the sector in Algeria
- Theme 5. Short circuit, major lever for the revival of sustainable Algerian agriculture
- Topic 6. Green spaces in urban areas economic value not to be neglected
Key dates to remember
- January 31, 2022: Deadline for submission of communication proposals (abstracts)
- 05 February 2022: Response from the Scientific Committee
- February 10, 2022: Submission of full articles for publication on MAGVET (for the most interesting submissions)